During Michael's lengthy absence in Germany his attention to updating the Lab news has been, shall we say, sporadic. That does not mean he does not care though. So here are some important bits of info
1. Daniel ME is back and working on his Honours on coral on Christmas Island. Welcome back Daniel.
2. Jennie M is busy applying for (and being offered) jobs. The right one will come along soon.
3. Sophie J has started her PhD and is currently mastering the black art of biological modelling in the lab of the top rated Sally Otto in BC, Canada. She and Jono H are also making good progress on writing up Sophie's Honour project on STDs.
4. Rose O'D is somewhere in Sydney playing with fish - Rose come and visit the lab soon!
5. Lauren H has started her Masters and is working on a fiendishly complex seed beetle QG project with Megan H.
6. Sam B is - last I heard - doing great with his Honours project on fish and beetles.
7. Maider IC is back in town and working on a new seed beetle project with Megan H looking at the effect of male and female condition (and their interaction) on mating behaviour.
8. Foteini S now has the stats models sorted for her paper on the effect of the social environment on sperm production in Gambusia. Next step...a paper. Yahoo!
9. Regina VT has almost finished her paper on parental effects in Gambusia. And is making progress with another one on QG . And has completed a first survey of papers for a mammoth meta-analysis of inbreeding.
10. Jacob B has been a star in helping out around the lab. Jacob - you are becoming part of the furniture. I hope that is a good feeling.
11. Gizem Bilgem is helping out in the lab. Thank you!
The J Lab
News from people working with Michael Jennions @ Evolution, Ecology & Genetics in The Research School of Biology at the ANU. (Click on the RSS Feed to be sent emails of new postings)